Hello, everyone. Today I had the absolute pleasure of meeting gym owner and change agent Desmond Scott of Prime Institute of Durham, North Carolina. This accidental entrepreneur creates a gym environment that centers around the people who built it- his clients. He asserts quality customer service as the timbre of his success. But this is the show all about this money- what does Durham’s fitness guru say about finding motivation and fitness?
Key Tips and Takeaways:
· The foundations of a good business are as follows:
o Customer service, amenities, and services offered
· Good customer service allows your business to grow and sustain
· Stop Creating Too Big Fitness Goals!
o It can be difficult to achieve without having a proper team to assist you
· You’re not the only one who walks into a gym feeling confused and feel like everyone is judging you
o Everyone feels that way and it’s all in your head!
· A good gym should provide you a service. If they don’t respond in a way that makes you feel confident then you have to take your money elsewhere
· Going to the gym should focus on how you feel. Do you feel good? That’s your motivator
· Fall in love with the method not the mission.
Ways to Save Money on Fitness
· Utilize YouTube and Instagram for fitness inspiration and workout ideas. They’re free- and fabulous.
· Hire a meal prep service. You’ll find that hiring a personal chef to create healthy meals will be cheaper in the long run than paying for meals daily. Need proof?
· Keep all receipts! You’ll be surprised at how much money you spend on going out to eat in a month. You’ll find that hiring people to help you eat clean could come out cheaper!
· Start with walking. Get into a habit of purposeful walking everyday. That creates commitment- an essential component to working out.
Stay Connected With Me:
Instagram & Twitter: @stacksnthecity